Perfection

Taking a step forward to simply say and admit I am not perfect.

{As if that's not already obvious.}

Further more to admit I want to be perfect but fall more than just short.

In my heart perfection is far from what I want. Yet my mind thinks otherwise.

I think there are two kinds of 'perfect' :

1. Perfection for the bettering of your soul
&
2. Perfection to be without flaw

Both sound appealing.

Only the kind for bettering your soul is healthier and just better in general.

~ Matthew chapter 5:48 ~ 

"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect". 

I can't help but struggle to wrap my mind around this.

What it comes down to though is:
No we're not going to be perfect.
Yes, we need to work towards perfection even if we don't gain anything in this world.
We will in the next.

Ever since I was diagnosed with KSS I have told myself if I didn't have "this" my life would be perfect.

Don't think of that as a negative statement but as a positive one.

No one's life is perfect. And this is my cross.

My life is next to perfect.

In a way it is.

But hold the phone, I don't want you to think I think I am better than everyone else. That'd be a false accusation.

What I mean by that is I have friends and family who love me dearly and deeply.

To me that is perfect.

So here is to walking the fine line of bettering myself for Jesus!  
 

Comments