Busy busy busy

That moment when you're in bed ready to go to sleep and you remember your new year resolution of not missing a day of posting a blog. So this is to be short, sweet and to the point. I don't have my glasses on either so hopefully words are making sense and getting spelled right.
This morning at mass Father gave his homily on how everyone is busy. Truly, it's everyone's excuse. You ask someone how they've been and the first thing they do is sigh and then mutter "I have just been so busy." I am guilty as much as anyone of this lame answer. Pathetic statement. Everyone is busy. So how can we live our lives for God if we're constantly running around? When do we make time for Him? Or has he been pushed to the back burner like Fr.. Paul would describe it. In our business we do the same thing with our families and friends. We don't take time for those we love. Why? Because we are too busy. Top busy being dumb. If we were smart we'd take advantage of spending ever chance we get with our loved ones. But instead we push things off. People off. God off. And it's got to change. Our lives are always going to be busy but really so busy that it controls your life? No thanks. I want to break past that. I don't feel like taking the things I love, the people I love, the one and only God I love for granted. I'm done excusing myself. It's one to get busy loving and enjoying what I love.

Comments