Just kidding

Remember when I admitted to being a coke addict? And remember when I announced I was cutting back? Seems like it was just yesterday... ;)
Well my father read my blog post on the subject and the conversation after he read it went something like this:

Dad: You're not giving up coke.
Me, thinking he obviously didn't get the blog.
Me: Yes, I gave up coke. Laugh*
Dad: You're not giving up coke.

Ugh?

Dad went on to explain that I need the sugar.

I sound like  I am hypoglycemic.

Being the golden child I am I decided not to argue.

It had been a long day anyhow and I was (am) fighting a nasty cold.

My response to the father: Then I'm going to go crack one open right now.

White flag.

Well I made it all day on Ash Wednesday... Thursday I went out to dinner and we don't really go out to eat during Lent so I made restaurants an exception.

The whole thug really did come back and slap me in the face.

I have to swallow my pride in wanting to do something hard and accept that I did not succeed in the way I wanted to.

Back to the drawing board.

Back to feeding the addiction. Haha just kidding, not really. ;)




Comments