OWLS.

Once upon a time in the hundred acre woods there was a wee girl trying to sleep. When all of a sudden she heard what sounded like a puppy dog yelping or a child crying. She was sure it was her imagination. But then...she heard it again. She clutched the covers of her bed. What was she hearing?
It occurred to her the word she was hearing over and over in back to back moments was "hoo."
It was an owl!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was scared to death. I have never heard an owl before! Seen them in like the Boise Birds of Prey asylum but that's all. Oh, and I colored an owl book in preschool that is in my keepsake box but after last night I am thinking of burning that book.
I got out of bed to go wake Maddie (around midnight) she would not wake up. Ahh! So I ran upstairs to go find my mommy... She didn't wake up! So I tried my dad. He didn't wake up! The owls had cast  a spell on them! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding no spells. I tried my mama again and she woke up panicking thinking something was wrong. All I could say was, "Owls!" She told me to pray they'd go away. I was shaking in my fuzzy socks. Actually I wasn't, I was barefoot but shaking.
I went back to bed. Then Nicole woke up hearing the same noise I was hearing. Together we freaked out. I grabbed my phone and tried to capture the dumb bird's hoot.
I was really scared to look in the window afraid that the bird would flap up in my face against the window and then I would pee my pants.
 I could only tell myself to get through the screeching, "I'll blog about it tomorrow, it'll make a good story..."clench teeth.
Just when I thought it would stop it would start again. Oh how I wanted to make that stupid owl disappear.

http://youtu.be/IvvhD_C6eIA


I hate owls. The one in Winnie the Pooh is a know it all nuisance, the ones that are suddenly a fad give me the heebie jeebies and now there is this owl.
BUT wait! I am pretty sure there were TWO owls! Disgusting...
Finally my dad heard the hooing too and stomped around and they left.
Thank you Daddy Owl Scare-er!
Last night I needed to vent to someone so I made it my status on facebook.    I woke up this morning to find in a comment on facebook that my neighbor Dan suggested I circle the bird three times, look it in the eye and tell him my name. Then it will stop asking "hoo." HiLARIOUS.
However I am not going near that bird and if it comes back with it's large man eating claw hands and feathery body, not to mention its huge eyes I think I will pass out.  
So I end this post with a call to the taxidermy. Just kidding. (My siblings and mother would say the owl is part of nature.) Blek.
The superbowl is about on and there are snacks and they are calling my name.
So here is my final owl comment. I strongly dislike owls.


 


Comments