Let it Go

Yesterday I talked about accepting my imperfections. I want to go a little deeper.

I can't help but play the oh so popular song from Disney's Frozen. Yup, you guessed it.






Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be 
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

This is how I could choose to live my imperfect life but I'd rather just face up to reality.

To just let it go.

And really I do need to let go of several small mistakes in my life I let control me.

Yeah, you'll probably see me cry. That's cus' I am not perfect. 

The dumb things I say without thinking..the things I forget to do...the things that are out of my reach...etc. etc. etc.

I need to not only "slam the door" on those mistakes but laugh about it. Laugh at myself. 

No point in beating myself up over spilled milk and really that's all these small things are...Spilled milk. 

I need to swallow my pride. I need to let it go. To accept I am not perfect and that I am going to make mistakes. Do stupid things...Embarrassing things. 

It'll be a learning never ending experience. But hey that's life. 

The perfect girl is gone. 


Comments