DO the thing that scares you MOST

Today's post is inspired by shutting up and doing the things I don't want to do. 


Let me explain...

Once a week I make myself clean our bathroom. Bleh. 
I use to not mind cleaning our bathroom until Mom said I needed to clean the shower too. She told me that orange stuff on the base of the floor wasn't shampoo it was rust. Grrrr. 
So when I clean the bathroom I have to clean the bathroom. Two sinks, a shower, a vanity and my least favorite...do I have to say the word? 
Don't tell anyone this, I didn't sweep today, mop, or windex the window/mirrors. 
(Debating on erasing that last sentence. It's going to bite me as I continue writing.) 

I really don't like cleaning the bathroom. 
I had to come home from work and crack open a can of coke to drown my sorrows in. Imagining the caffeine and bubbles fizzing away my problems. (Of cleaning the bathroom etc.) 

I finally finished my cup of acidic misery with ice and decided to just do it. If I don't clean it today, I'll have to clean it tomorrow. And then I'll have to think about cleaning it even longer... 
Plus Tuesday is my laundry day and that day sort of irritates me too. Not as bad, but the folding and bringing up my laundry really bums me out. 
Speaking of laundry I still have to fold a load from last Tuesday. Whoops. 

So along with laundry day comes making your bed with new sheets day. I try to get ahead by making my bed Monday night so I don't have to do it Tuesday on top of everything else but today I really don't want to. I really don't want to do it tomorrow either. Problem? Yes. 

Quote time!  

ETC INSPIRATION BLOG ART DESIGN FOOD INTRIOR QUOTES WORDS TO LIVE BY STOP COMPLAINING DO SOMETHING ETSY PRINT TWIGGSDESIGNS photo ETCINSPIRATIONBLOGARTDESIGNFOODINTRIORQUOTESWORDSTOLIVEBYSTOPCOMPLAININGDOSOMETHINGETSYPRINTTWIGGSDESIGNS.jpg

Okay. Yes. Yes, I should just stop complaining and do something. 

On my behalf I did clean the bathroom. :) 
(Forget about what I said about the parts I skipped.) 


did


Oh look! The quote you just read and what I just said match. :) 

I feel like that Sesame Street Monster at the end of this book story.





Wow, nostalgic. Anyway... 
The secret to getting ahead is getting started

My whole point of this blog was to basically tell myself to do the things I don't want to do. 
Within reason of course. 

That's what makes you stronger? 

(I just spent way too much time looking up a parody of Kelly Clarkson's song Stronger.) 

I need to get off my laptop and go do the things above I complained to you about. Folding, making my bed, shaving my legs. Oh awkward, didn't mention that one. Still needs to be done. 

Ugh ending note...

Do the thing that scares you most. Unless it's outrageously stupid then you never read this blog. You do not know a gabberdella. And you have gone insane.  

  :)

Comments