Surprise!

Yesterday was so fun!

My dad had a business trip to Kennewick and it just happened to fall on my friend Dani's 18th birthday.

SO....

Last week I texted Dani's momma and we worked out a plan to surprise Dani. :)

After four hours in the pick up with dad listening to Rush Limbaugh talking about the Hilary Clinton ordeal, and taking in every chemical term/conversation that was way over my head, we finally arrived in the Tri.

I hid in the conference room of where Mrs. A works and waited for Dan to come get her surprise. Mrs. A handed her a present from me and Dani opened it. The code sentence was, "Wasn't that a nice surprise?" And that's when I walked into the office and surprised her.

There was screaming and hugging and tears.

Success! Thank you Mrs. Andersen for all of your awesome help to make this happen!

The rest of the day we spent driving around in Dani's hot ride. Ribbons flapping in the wind as they were tied to the door handles.

First stop was at the bank to cash some saving bonds. Little did I know that the teller would ask me where I am from and know where Cottonwood is. She told us she'd been there before to ski. She also had to mention the penitentiary... Yup, she's been here.  

We scored Dan a free smoothie for her birthday and we rented the movie Mom's Night Out. Hilarious!

We were in desperate search for a lottery ticket machine... Dan wanted to do something "adult" like so I encouraged her in the act of gambling. We won two dollars and blew one of those dollars and Dan said she is never gambling again. We'll see about that. Just kidding! ;)

After feeding our addiction we went and got our finger nails done. Then headed to Mickey D's to do a fry pick up. Dot, dot, DOT.

Dan's driver seat window does not work. So I automatically assumed we would go inside to order.
Nope.
Dan opened the door of the classy ribbon decorated vehicle and ordered. She again had to open the door at each window too. Oh how I wonder what the employees thoughts were of us. A couple of hooligans. I don't know which to laugh harder at, the car door slamming when the employee tried wishing Dan a happy birthday or driving in reverse to get ranch.

Oh how I have missed you Dani!

It had been too long.

Just like old times, we started talking as if nothing ever changed.

"Hey, how's it going? Good. Good. Any...(dot, dot, dot) relationship statuses? Uhmmm...Nope." LOL

Thank you for allowing me to spend your special day with you! Thank you for being the best friend you are! Thank you for understanding and partaking in childhood shenanigans with me. When I'm with you I can be myself. My normal dorky weird self.

"You're not going to believe this but...

I drifted"

Here is to the best year yet, Dan!

LOVE YOU XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

 

Comments