Cat in the Hat

Okay so today was Dr. Seuss day at preschool.
Kids got to come wearing their pjs, and later in the day they were going to get to eat green eggs and ham.
Not to mention we had the cutest snacks ~  Thing one and Thing two: red jello with whip cream and blue sprinkles. Adorable! And tasty!
But now is the time when I state my true feelings about the book we read today...
Cat in the Hat.
Cat in the Hat is a very scary book. (Sorry, Erin!)
What was the doctor thinking when he wrote this book about a giant cat telling two kids who were home alone he wouldn't do any harm.
I don't know but it sounds fishy to me. (Ha ha)
When I came home from wehck I remembered the movie the Cat in the Hat.
Of which only two minutes were watched before our family shut it off.
That is a visual that no child or adult should ever have cemented into their brains.
I love doctor Seuss though. I just fail this book. That movie. Any cat wearing a hat. #aintright
I asked my siblings if they've read the book. I told them I was going to duc tape them and make them listen to the book and then they could tell me if my hypothesis was true or not.
We didn't make it very far in the book, it was a very long book, and I did not tape any of them.Sadly.
Max however whipped out the sequel to the Cat in the Hat. The Creepy Cat returns!
I told him he could read it to me while I play candy crush on facebook. Didn't want to get too scared.
He began reading the book in a British accent. Had me rolling.
"The three little cats go to wehck" he said. Hence I wrote above I came home from wehck
Oh the Cat in the Hat how you frighten me.



 

Comments