Spot on

We can never please the world unless we lose ourselves together with the world. It is so whimsical that it is impossible to satisfy it. St. Francis de Sales

Well I was going to start off my blog by saying St. Francis de Sales is such an amazing woman.
But then I googled to find a picture of the saint and realized St. Francis is a man!

I had to double check with my siblings in case google was wrong.

Me: "Woah! St. Francis de Sales is a man?!"
Them: "Yesss..."

I had my de Sales and de Chantal mixed up...

Too many "de" 's.

(Pretty sure how I just wrote that sentence which isn't even a sentence is the most bogus sentence and incorrect use of english ever. Which explains why I never liked english. Like them wanting me to capitalize the word 'english' and spell 'capitalize' correctly.)

Meh.

Back to the manly saint.

This quote is spot on. (Not the frozen yogurt.)

The world expects our full participation and

(sorry got distracted thinking about wanting to put glitter on my dad's 4x800 thousand moose skull hanging above his office door.)

(don't worry dad it was just a thought.)

The world expects us to please and kill our selves in the process of worshiping it rather than worshiping God throughout the world.

Look not for approval of the ground you stand upon.

You stand with God.

He will fight these battles for you.

We must simply just proclaim His name and not just to our church families but to the whole wide world!

Do not be whimsical with the world, but be united with God.

Satisfy your own heart with the one who dwells within.    


Comments