Love of self

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." -Mark 12:31 

I think I have always struggled with this commandment.

I rock back and forth between loving my neighbor as myself but also not sure of how to love my neighbor because I often do not love myself.

It's a battle I face off and on.

How do you love someone as yourself when you fail to like your own skin?

There are days this does not enter my mind but there are days when often it does.

I do however fear of loving myself too much.

Where is the fine line between the two?

Lord, teach me to love myself so I might love others in the way you want me to love them.

Whole heartily.

This is one of the two greatest things you ask of us.

Open my heart to love and accept my imperfections and brokenness.

My longings I place before your cross.

Jesus, I trust in you.

Sweet Jesus, I love you.

 


Comments