Spring Fever




"Are you anxious about something or someone in your life? Jesus is knocking on your door. ...He will not only help you with your problems, but will share with you the gift of his peace." 
Gary Zimak Stop Worrying and Start Living  

Days are blending together. Lather, rinse and repeat. 
It's Spring and I am anxious. 
I have Spring Fever. This quarantine is only going to get harder. 
There is so much I want to do and so many people I want to see. 
However, I know I am not the only one struggling with an anxious heart. 
I hope this blog brings peace and hope to those who are also experiencing Spring Fever. 

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 

Yesterday I was very anxious. I continued pushing things off that I needed to do and that made me more anxious. My family was going to go on a drive and I said I was too busy to go but then changed my mind. It was worth stopping what I was doing and enjoying the drive with my family. Maddie reminded me of the verse above. 
 "Do not worry about anything." 

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." 
Joshua 1:9

Sounds simple but not really. 

"When nothing feels simple, simply do the next thing."
The Broken Way - Ann Voskamp 

The next thing isn't something you check off the list, it's choosing to trust and to move forward by growing in that trust. 

"Let us trust and do our best and He will handle the rest." -unknown



"As we hope in him so shall we receive."
― St Therese of Lisieux, Collected Letters of St Therese of Lisieux

“Trust and trust alone should lead us to love” 
― St Therese of Lisieux, Collected Letters of St Therese of Lisieux

We will survive Spring Fever and overcome the anxiety in our restless hearts.


O Jesus, "Thou didst command the wind and the storm, and there came a great calm."  
Cf. Mathew 8:26, Story of a Soul 



Comments