Feelings From the Heart

Trust in the Lord with all your heart. 
Proverbs 3:5 

That's the scripture verse from this morning's Magnificat. 

The timing could not have been better after yesterday. 

I often don't know how to deal with my emotions because I internalize and bottle them up inside. 

However, last night I was able to release my feelings. 

I shared with God my confusion and disappointment. 

I even let the tears come. 

Change is hard. 

But acknowledging my feelings helped. 

"That's what feelings are for- feeling." The Broken Way - Ann Voskamp 

It's what we do with our feelings. 

We can choose to let them makes us or break us. 

"Learn how to maintain personal discipline, organize your life, and discern the value of every action. These are the conditions that will help you to be a leader who can proudly and heroically restore confidence when everyone is panic-stricken and apprehensive." 
Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan

Realizing the good and seeking out the good of any situation.

"The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities." Stephen R. Covey

Placing trust in Him, rather than only trusting in myself. 

"And if the good God wants you weak and helpless like a child... do you believe that you will have less merit?... Agree to stumble at every step therefore, even to fall, to carry your cross weakly, to love your helplessness. Your soul will draw more profit from it than if, carried by grace, you would accomplish with enthusiasm heroic actions that would your soul with personal satisfaction and pride." 
St. Therese Liseux 

Recognizing my feelings and gifting them to God.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart. 
Proverbs 3:5 


Comments