Defender

"Work with all your heart and soul, but be ready to share with everyone and to cooperate with those who may be less capable than yourself. Do not control everything as if nothing would get done without you." 
Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan 

I have a hard time with this because I like to control everything

But there is so much I cannot control and it bothers me. 

It bothers me that I can't stop bad things from happening.

For those of you familiar with the Meyers Briggs personality test, I am an ISFJ, also known as the Defender. 

I want to protect people from heartbreak.


"You don't trust anyone, you don't delegate work to to anyone, you don't give up your position to anyone, are you more powerful than God himself, who has allowed us to share in his work?" 
Francis Xavier Nguyen Thuan 

I have to realize that being the "defender" doesn't make me the savior. 

There are things in life I want to change or wish I could have prevented. 

I have to surrender fighting for control.

God is Defender and Savior. 

I cannot but He can! 

Link below to take the personality test:



Comments