Unbroken

Happy New Year to you and yours from gabberdellasabatini! (Pronounced: "sab.uh.teeny".)

I plan to make 2015 most memorable in many ways. Starting with number one resolution of blogging daily. Ever since my Greg Adams moved to heaven it has been hard motivating myself to keep up on the day to day blogs. So this resolution I dedicate to Greg.

Now as readers and followers and subscribers and friends, ya'll have to stay on me and help me achieve my goal. Though I know there will be days where I simply cannot write because of whatever...I know Greg will understand. But for the most part I will try to succeed at what I am setting out to do. :)

Today, on this beautiful first of January ~ I went to the movie Unbroken. I had read the book a couple years back but the story was a little foggy in my memory. Didn't know what to expect of the movie. Well, other than it being a true story of a WWII survivor. (I have a terrible memory.)

I am in awe.

It was the most perfect movie to watch to kick off the new year. Both inspirational and powerful.

Louie Zamperini was truly unbreakable. Not only that though but so much more.

This movie gave me an even deeper appreciation for our vets.

It made me want to have a positive outlook on the upcoming year and to realize that my "problems" are nothing in comparison to what that man and all those men went through.

His life humbles me so.

I can't help but think of Jesus when seeing his life on film. Both willing to give their all, and not give in.

The freedom Louie had to forgive was mind boggling. Just like Jesus forgiving those who put him on the cross. I wonder how they were able to forgive when I so often struggle with forgiving those around me who have done nothing nearly as awful.

Just reliving his story and knowing it as history as well as reality has me speechless.

On that note...

Here is to making 2015 an unbreakable year by following Louie's example of Jesus Christ.
 



Comments