Great Falls

Tonight marks the two and a half times I have fallen. This week.

#1. Holding laptop, coming down the stairs to our printer to print off letter to Sr. Jords, sun blinding my eyes. I stop near the bottom of the steps where the sun is directly coming in through the window. I think to myself there is either going to be a step here or there isn't. I decided to guess that there wasn't a step and I would be on the landing. WRONG. That invisible step got me good. I fell on my butt and my lap top hit my eye bone. Thankfully I was able to laugh er' off.

#2. TONIGHT... Max said something that made Maddie fall to the ground or squat whichever you'd like to think of it as. I was standing beside/in front of her and backed up, carrot in hand. I tripped over her and fell in slow motion backwards. (On hard flooring too.) I say slow motion because as I was falling I maybe could've saved myself but didn't see how I could so just went down surrendering to it all. I almost hit my head on the ground but was able to protect myself. Yet my glasses went flying in the middle of the action and are now even more loose and probably more dirty too. OWWWIE.

#1/2. After the falling incident listed as #2. of the week I sat on a bar stool. I then managed to somehow lose my balance and began to lean off of it. Maddie awkwardly offered her hand but I wasn't sure what the heck I was going to do with it. Nor was she. I managed to get situated again before completely doing a dive. Hence the title "1/2".

So tomorrow I think I will be a little soar considering I am already beginning to feel the bruises.

Guess I will add these to the list of great falls. Oh boy... What next?

Funny/ironic thing about me falling was that today when talking with Grandpa Rehder, his fall a couple years ago came up in conversation. He said he had only fallen once. I told him I have him beat when it comes to falling. Maybe I should've kept my mouth shut?

Next time I really should just yell TIMBER.





     

Comments