Live Simply



This morning when I was trying to watch a quick video on my laptop my laptop kept freezing and freaking out on me. I wanted to find a very tall building and drop it out of a window. 

While I was debating whether or not to take a sledge hammer to my device the thought came to me how awesome it would be to not have to deal with computers. Or cell phones or anything like that. 
This thought has popped into my head a lot lately. 

Maybe I've watched too much Little House but seriously that time of living was so simple. 
I just want a simple life. 

Not a life that is likely to get viruses, holds memory that I have no memory of, and could crash at any given moment. No.

I wish all of it would go away.

Can't believe I am saying it but yeah, Facebook, Instagram, gulp, pinterest.... All of it. I wish we didn't use digital cameras but had actual photos so not to get deleted on one's computer. Again I wish things could just be simpler. 

But then reality slaps me upside the head and I say to myself, "Self how would you write your blogs? How'd you type a letter speedy fast? How'd you keep in touch with your long distant friends? How'd you get the Thirty-one word out without a facebook page?" 

There really are a lot of great things about technology. 

I guess what I am saying, what I am wanting is to down size. And that I can do. I can't make the cyber world disappear but I can control how much I use it.

So here I am going to try and live more simply. Whatever that may mean. :) 


Live Simply!



Comments