Make up!

This is a post on appearances.

I am basically writing a diary entry here but who knows maybe some of you know how I feel.

One word: MAKE UP. 
Story of my life!!!! soooo true!!!! lol :)))

The past couple of times I have gone to mass I decided to go without. Why? Cause putting on make up, and taking it off is tedious. I love how I look with the stuff on but a lot of times I either poke myself in the eye with the liner and just want to say not going to bother with it today. I once went all of Lent but maybe one night without wearing make up. Inspired by a determined and beautiful (make up or not) woman and friend. Was it hard? Yes. Did I do it? Yes.

See the "image" we have to have is not really for us it's for others.
Not only with makeup though, clothes, accessories and more.
We want the look. Meaning our external appearances.

Do they think I look pretty? Does this go with that? Have I worn this too much?

But boys reading I am not just preaching to the ladies, we're talking toys too. Cars and uhhh whatever else it is. Y'all don't know what I am even talking about.

What about our internal appearance? You know, the one that is more visible than the out?

This should be the first thing we choose to clean up and make beautiful. Because Jesus dwells there. And there His light will shine forth and give or take we are beautiful because we are His.

So true

Though today I wore make up to mass for the first time in a long time I admitted to myself that I feel comfortable with Jesus without putting forth all this meaningless effort.
I did have to ask myself though ~ am I wearing make up for other people or because I like it?
'Cus I do really like it when like I said I am not completely red in the eye from jabbing myself. But if it is used as a mask, nah.

As you are reading I hope you know that I know a good impression is an important thing. (To an extent) But it's who you are trying to impress. People aren't worth impressing and God doesn't need us to impress Him, He already loves us...make up or not.


I guess where I am going with this is how you see yourself and how God sees you is far more better than any acceptance or compliment you'll get.

Don't go hating on looking nice. Enjoy the fun of wearing eyeliner (use caution).

Let your beauty shine through Jesus. The one who washed our original sin away through water and blood. What can be more beautiful than that?

Happy Feast of the Baptism of our Savior!




   



  

Comments