Get Inspired

To inspire others you must be inspired yourself, because you can't give what you do not have. 
-Ordinary Lives Extraordinary Mission  

Last night I came home from the movie very passionate about what I just saw...what I just lived through this man's life. 

I didn't know what to do with my passion though. Overall I felt very overwhelmed. 

War is real. Physically, mentally and spiritually. Ya know? 

The movie showed the battles each of these can entail. 

We all fight these battles. It's how we fight them though. 

I mentioned being inspired and that I am. By the strength he was given by Jesus himself. 

That strength was inspiring. I want to inspire how Louie did. 

After coming out of the theater Mom mentioned jokingly that running keeps you alive. I responded with, "Well then I'm a goner if this were to happen to me." (Sorry, sick joke.) 

We all look to someone to inspire us. We want what it is that inspires us. The question is who and what inspires us? 

My answer is this: Jesus. 

Plain and simple. I didn't say easy. 

I want to follow Him. To become like Him. 

To walk in the ways of his followers, his saints who authentically, sincerely and lovingly imitate Him. 

These saints are who inspire me. They inspire me to be like Christ. 

He is what I want. Who I want to share. 

Amen?  

  

Comments