Instrument of Your peace

Last night I gathered with friends to talk theology. It was pretty awesome.
Questions were being thrown out there left and right and great discussions came up.

I think a lot of us are curious how to explain our faith to others. Especially those who are set in their ways of thinking quite the opposite of who and what we are.

Intentionally I want to have the answer. The answer that will make "them" understand.

However this isn't a great way to win friends.

People can argue and argue but forcing words down each other's throats will not change minds. It will only make things worse.

No body wins in a head butt.
Am I right or am I right? Both people end up leaving with a head ache.

This is where this quote comes in ~

"The battle can't be won by force. We can't win by changing peoples minds, we can only win by changing hearts." -Ordinary Lives Extraordinary Mission 

With that being said, it is up to us to live by example. And honestly we are called to do that anyhow.

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary, use words." - St. Francis of Assisi 


It really isn't necessary if your life's humble example is doing the talking for you.

Is it still a good idea to try and learn these answers? Yes. 

That's why I am getting together with friends and sharing by Q&A. If we don't have the answers, let's get them. But let God do the rest through our actions. 

This is my take home note. 

Again to quote St. Francis: 

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.

Amen. 

Experience Him<3

Comments