Shattered

Shattered
My reflection on the floor
Tip toeing around glass
My feet feel the sharp pain
Blades coming from every direction
I have no where to hide
My reflection isn't my reflection
My brain has turned to goo
I ramble and regret the words
Nothing makes sense
No one seems to be fine
Everyone is hurting
She howls and it breaks my heart
He isn't here to help her
It's hard to look at the big picture
People lie and say they're fine
No one can show emotion
I'm living in fear
I'm walking on glass
My heart has fallen and shattered
I try to be positive
I try to be fine
I am trying to be a better me
Yet the fog comes creepin' in
I say what I feel and I'm not understood
No, not even by me
I don't know where to go
Who to talk with or who to see
I want to crawl under my blankets and stay there until this nightmare is over
Try to concentrate
Focus on reality but that's just it
My reality is what is scaring me most
I fall
I brake down
I throw what is not mine to be shattered across the room
Can this week be over?
When will my tears dry?
Being homesick is better than this
Stable is hard to be when you have to be it alone
Crying out only wears one out
I do it anyway
Shaking, staring blankly into outer space
This veil needs to be lifted from my eyes
I want to see the good again
I want to focus on His plan
I don't want to be shattered
Remove this glass
Show me your reflection
Put on the coat of Him who sent me
Pick me up
Dust me off
Show me the Son
Fill me with strength
Let only my mouth speak what needs to be spoken
Silence judgment, fear, and all my worries
Dodge the knives
Send me
Guide my hands to pick up what is broken
Shatter not.

Comments