June 18th 2000

Thirteen years ago my lil' sister Madison came into this world on June 18th...by stork. We found her on our porch step and were instantly in love with that concerned citizen look she gave us. Something about that furrowed brow spoke to Mom's heart. So we took the little baby in to our house and decided to raise her. Thirteen years later one would have thought that momma and papa stork would've come back for their precious pride and joy. But they didn't and so maybe better luck next year Maddie. Just kidding. You're stuck with us!

Maddie, I am so glad you're part  of our family! Though we don't always agree or see eye to eye, I think of you as my best friend. I don't know anyone like you, don't worry that's a good thing! You're beautiful long brown locks, your sparkling brown eyes and that permanent smile can really light up a room! I wish I had your musical genius. Alas I don't. You truly are the lord of the strings and lord of the keys. You really know how to tickle the ivories.

I am going to take us back a few several years to when you were 18 months old... Some of you know where I am going with this. Mwahahaha.

We were at a funeral and you sat on Jordan's lap praying the rosary. An elderly couple (sitting behind us) couldn't believe what they were hearing. They asked, "How old is she?" Jordan told them Maddie's age. They didn't believe her because surely an 18 month old could not be naming the color of the rosary let alone praying every bead saying all the right words. They were very impressed until...

Perfect baby Maddie accidentally dropped the rosary and said "Oh, beeeeeeeep." The "S" word was thrown out there for all to hear..
Jordan scooted down the pew in embarrassment. Then our parish secretary who was sitting way up in the front got up and came to us to ask if she heard what she think she heard. It's a bingo.

Maybe another day I'll talk about when Maddie broke her leg at age two and made Mom & Dad look like they abused Maddie because she dragged that pink cast around with this bitter scowl on her face. Laugh out loud.

Oh, how I love thinking back to Maddie's childhood. When you weren't scowling, you were calling some one a sicko. I remember cousins saying, "Maddie! Smile!" Your juice stained mouth was trying so hard to force what you thought was a smile. Priceless.

Look at you now! We can't get you to stop smiling! You've always been such a highlight to our family. Whether it's your talents shining through your music or you making everyone around you laugh. You're one of the pieces to our family that makes us whole.

Love you Maddie. You're my B-F-F!!!


   

Comments