You're all I need

I have been having a hard time to find things to write about. I remembered a you tube video that has always been very moving to me. I realize in the video they don't use words, only actions and song. I thought how fitting to post! :)

So watch the video and then read my blog post for the day.

http://youtu.be/cyheJ480LYA

I see myself as the girl who is living on God's love and that alone. Then all of a sudden evil comes in and disguises it's self as a boy, money, or fashion. Once the girl is distracted by these obstacles her self confidence fails her. The quick fix is to turn to harmful things.

Alcohol begins to look attractive, harming one's body appears to take away pain and suicide is the easy way out.

I've found myself in some of these situations before. It's so easy to distance ourselves away from God. Satan creeps in the doors that we leave cracked open and he does everything in his power to keep us from pleasing God. He keeps us from loving ourselves who were made in the image of God.

In life we are lied to through the devil. He camouflages himself in things that attract us and push us farther away from the truth. Jesus Christ.

The evil one prowls about on hands and feet presenting himself as an innocent drink or false relationship. We accept the temptation obliviously and welcome the devil into our lives.

If we let evil get to the point where we convince ourselves our lives are worth nothing, then we aren't only hurting our creator but ourselves. We are congratulating Satan that he has won the battle. Same with self harming. Whether it's as bad as cutting or hammering our selves with negative words that don't do us any good. When the self harm scene comes on to my screen I have shivers crawling down my spine. It's so real. It's so wrong.

It's a fight to get back on the right path. As you saw in the video each temptation is throwing and kicking the girl down when she is trying to do the right thing. It's the tiniest fragment of Jesus' crucifixion.

I am sure we all can see ourselves in this girl in one way or another. How amazing it is that we can ask for our Father for help! He is going to hold back the devil and take every beating for us. Just when you thought that that was a tear jerker part of the video, (if you weren't already crying) our Savior stands tall and the evil doers don't just fall on the ground. They are slammed to the floor!! Simply defeated. 

The girl and the love of her life are reunited once again! They dance into paradise! I've watched this video over and over and every time I am still in awe. Father, you're all I need! You're all I want.



Comments