Gabbing Away

While at Steubenville Northwest (all weekend long) we were encouraged to go home and share our story and our faith. I came back from Spokane determined to open up with others about my path that has lead me to where I am today.

I didn't waste a whole lot of time waiting to ask our youth minister (and dear friend) if I could have a group of our teens from our church gather together and listen to me share about my journey. We laughed and we cried. It was a freeing feeling to open up about my struggles and blessings over the years.

Not long after I gathered with my friends I was invited to share with the middle school. I talked not only about who I am but also about the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick and the importance of trusting in God. Even when He seems far away. Just thinking about the experience puts a smile on my face! Since then I have heard feed back that would warm anybody's heart.

The third time I spoke was in front of the Life Teen youth. Speaking in front of them really blessed my life by showing my it's okay to cry. Through my tears I found a friend. Through that friend I found healing.

 I don't know if it was life changing for my friends but it was for me. By opening that window into my heart through sharing what was bottled up, opened a door for me to live my dream. Speaking the truth. Which is what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Before we move to Idaho I hope to share with the whole parish what a godsend they've been in my life. I'd like to express my journey and gratitude to the whole congregation.

I must admit as much as I love talking I get so nervous. However once you get me going I am hard to stop...as you've probably noticed just from blogging. ;) I would have never thought I'd be so open and start a blog and share so freely! Introvert gone extrovert? Okay, that's pushing it...

One of my favorite things to see in a public speaker is their humor! What better way to entertain the audience than making them laugh? Unless you have like a buffet of some kind. That works as entertainment too. But that's beside the point...man am I hungry. Snack break. Where was I? Aw yes. Laughter. Secret to everything.

Looking forward to what is to come and who is willing to be patient with my not so short story.
Watch out you Matthew Kellys and Jason Everetts of the world. It's time to GET GABBIE. Said. Done.

Comments

  1. Get it girl!! We love you, and your blog. Keep blessing the world with your spunky spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still wondering if your friends benefited from you speaking? Well, I can attest to the fact that your talk impacted me hugely. You were amazing and still are. Every time I see you, I grow in admiration and love for you. Keep the faith girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you ladies! I love you both dearly! Between both of your blogs I am blessed with your knowledge and love of the Lord. He has done wonderful things with the two of you and will continue to do so. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment