Thankful beyond thankful




My heart is on fire! (Calm down. It's a saying! The pacer isn't on the fritz.) My heart is over flowing with gratitude! God is so good! 

"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High." -Psalm 7:17  

One night it just hit me with how beautifully blessed I am. I've always been thankful but recently I've deepened my gratitude.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34 

I think about the parts of the world where human beings live in poverty. I scan my room and see everything I have and then some. I'm sleeping on a Tempur Pedic bed under warm covers. The temperature in our home is set so we're not too warm or too cold. My stomach is full of food. I complain of eating too much. I have a closet full of clothes and can't decide what to wear.I am living large while the rest of the world is scrounging for shelter, a crumb, clothing or even just a smile. 

How incredibly blessed I am! But why me? Why am I not the little girl in Africa without a mom? How come I am free and not a slave? Why am I not the one fighting the war? Why was I not told I have 3 weeks to live? Why do I have a house? A family? I have tried avoiding these questions but can't help asking "Why?" 

My health isn't perfect but I'm alive and laughing. My faith is the rock I stand on. I was brought up Catholic. My family is everything and I don't know where I'd be without them. They don't hurt me or abandon me. My friends bring me joy and have blessed my life. They are here for me when I need them. Rain or shine.
 
1 Timothy 4:4-5 - "For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,  because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer."  

After thinking about how much I have, I feel guilty for my approach to life: "Want it, buy it. Like it, eat it. Feels good, do it." It's sad but true. 

I'm constantly on the prowl for the next greatest thing. The next best thing to make me a happier person. The thing is stuff doesn't buy you happiness. No matter what they call their fast food's kid meal. Life just ain't no happy meal. :( (I love you McDonald's see you tomorrow! No hard feelings right?!) 

Mother Teresa said, "Live simply so others may simply live."

I may not have the solution for what to do for the whole world but if we give of our selves fully to our Creator He will plant seeds of inspiration in our hearts so that we can help our selves to help others. 


Psalm 28:7 ~ "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." 


Father, I am not worthy of your love but I love that you love me. You have made my life beautiful! I have so much to give thanks for... I ask for you to work miracles through me so that the world can thank & praise your name!  

  

Comments

  1. I love your outlook on EVERYTHING!!!Can you get moved already.. I want you to rub off on my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to be around your girls 24/7! It's going to be non stop giggling!! St. Lisa you need to make a phone call to the Big J.C. (Jesus Christ) and tell Him to move us. lol
    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment