Love Long Distance

I have had the privilege of knowing such an awesome guy from the time we were childhood friends to becoming more than friends. In September of 2011 I began dating one of my best friends who I grew up with in Idaho. A seven hour long distant relationship however was hard to manage but for a year we seemed to manage by talking on the phone, texting and skyping every day. Our families have been such great friends throughout the years and will continue to be in the years to come. We've shared many eye watering laughs and a strong friendship between our families. Just thinking about the fun we've had makes me miss those good people!

During the year of 2011-12 I found myself so happy. That boy brought so much joy not only to my life but everyone he came in contact with. Losing him in October was hard to handle. I've cried in front of him, laughed out loud with him, and shared what was on my mind with him. 2012 was ending but not in the way everyone else had told me it would. I kept pounding myself with questions like, "Did I do something wrong?" "What if and how come?" Relationships truly do play with a girl's emotions.  It's so hard to love when love is so easy.

 After it ended I told myself I wouldn't have traded a day to make the pain go away. Through the relationship both together and apart I found healing inside that is hard to describe.

 Though 'we' didn't work out as a 'thing' we've stayed friends.

I think it's normal that we want to feel loved. We tend to look for love but sometimes we look in the wrong places or our love teaches us an even deeper meaning of the word. We search and search for earthly things that will make us happy and fill us to perfection. Why? If in the beginning God made us and He created us in His own image~ then what greater love do we need? Mother Teresa was quoted saying, "Look at the cross and you will see what one soul means to Jesus."

So be patient with how you love.

~Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-7



 

.

Comments

  1. I just wrote on this very subject on my blog! You know what they say about great minds ;) Girl, I am so proud of you, your maturity, and your massively compassionate heart. Relationship ARE hard, for everyone. And Jesus has blessed you with so much love to give out! Just remember what Janette Iks said :) More than watchmen wait for the dawn... - Emilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you introduced me to Janette...Iks! I love her! I am so blessed to have you in my life, Em, as an example of what love really is. You give power and meaning to the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabbie, you make everything so simple and great, you definitely make the very best of each and every situation! I really look up to you, and you are probably the BEST source for advice EVER!!!I enjoy reading your posts, I get so excited when a new one comes on!!!:) Keep them coming "little darlin'" I love ya...FOREVER and ALWAYS:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg, you just made my night! Thank you for your words. They spoke straight to my heart and meant a lot. I love seeing your comments! They mean the world to me :) Love you bestie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment