Super Bowl

~If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.~ 1John 4:20

It's blunt. It's forward. It's exactly what my ears need to hear. Guess I better get to work. ;)

I have to say that the line that jumps out at me is, "he is a liar." Brilliant, John. Brilliant. I guess my dad stole that line from John's gospel playbook. Those of you who are around my dad enough know what I am talking about.

We're not always in a spot where we like to be called out on things. Though sometimes we need to just put away our pride and listen. This scripture verse opens not only my ears and eyes it speaks to my heart too. The door to my heart is always open to my Savior but WOE to the one who upsets me that day. Ye may be stuck in a revolving door for quite sometime.

Think about if God operated that way. One small mistake multiplied by the millions of mistakes we make, and times that by a life time and imagine how long you'd be playing 'keep away' with St. Peter as he is making you jump for the key at the gate of heaven. To me that doesn't sound like fun but you might have a childhood memory of the game that determines you to jump until the end of the world. No thanks. I'll just work on not being called a liar.

Today during the super bowl we watch brother against brother battle it out on the field. Only one brother will win. I wouldn't want to be in that situation. Yet I think I find myself having to choose whether or not to love my brother every day. It amazes me though that these two brothers can play against each other and still manage to like one another. 

It'll be a fun game to watch! Now time to get some snacks, cus that is what super bowl is all about ;) Ha! 









   

Comments