God Confidence

"Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence." -Pope John Paul II
                
I want to start of by saying that I LOVE Pope John Paul II!!! One of my all time favorite saints! (Don't even think about correcting me calling him a saint.) How wonderful it was to find and read this quote when I searched in google "Confidence Quotes."  Genius right? 

Last night I was encouraging my dear friend to be confident in her beautiful self. I was handing out advice left and right. Once we were done talking I asked myself why I wasn't taking my own advice? 

I do long to be completely confident. I am not talking cocky confident but firm in what I stand for. (What do I stand for? What do I stand for? Most nights I don't  know. FUN.)  Anyway... I think I sometimes forget to have confidence in God. In other words. Faith in God. 

When the world seems to be bigger than Him I whimper like a sad, lost, little puppy. I don't know where to go. If I take my own advice (that I love handing out like candy- that makes me think of chitty chitty bang bang. Cringe. JUST SAY NO! STRANGER DANGER) I will be strong and confident in the Lord and all will be very, very well.   

This November I loved this quote my friends placed on my heart without knowing it. "When the world seems to be against me. I need to remember that it's not the world vs. me. It's ME vs. the World." Amen, Michael Kelly! ;) 

Asking God to bless myself and my friends with God confidence. To embrace what is good and to stand strong in Jesus Christ.

Now as I sign off those of you who are familiar with the band FUN I am gonna have you singing this all night long~
"What do I stand for? What do I stand for? Most nights! I don't know...OoOoOoOoOooOOO" ;)  

Comments

  1. Wow. Michael was totally right on that one! How ironic that when you switch the two around, it seems so different. Thank you for the wisdom :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Ya done good, Michael. Ya done good. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment