Redemption By EmKel

Thank you Emilly Kelly for posting this! I still can't get over your creativity and words of truth that come straight from your heart! Love this! Love you!!

Redemption by my beautiful friend, Emilly!

Check out this amazing link!

http://thislittlelightromans116.wordpress.com/author/emkelthedreamer/

It’s like a pump full of medicine,
A rush of adrenalin
Seeping in, soaking up to the cracks in my heart
Filling them for moments that seem to end before they start
Because it’s worthless
And it’s hopeless.
I thought I could change but now I just hope less
and
I can feel the slimy slither shining on my skin
It’s called sin
And I can’t win.
It’s like a race that I run, but there’s never an end,
Because the finish line is already behind me.
The finish of me, that is.
I’m already past my time,
I am flat lined,
But so very alive in this lie
It’s called sin.
My heart is like a cavern,
Yawning empty and dank.
And I can’t pay the collectors,
Because I still owe the bank.
And it’s like my mistakes are drops of water.
Every lie told,
Every lie I believed
Became another wave
Until I was drowning in a massive sea.
And each sin just crashed over me
Until I couldn’t feel them anymore,
I couldn’t see
That I was sinking.
So I laid down in the depths of my sinfulness.
I made myself a thief, an adulteress,
A liar, a whore, and the worst part is,
I felt like I was okay with it.
I lived covered in filth,
And said
“This feels fine.”
But the only language I knew,
Was lies.
So there I dwelt,
In darkness and rage,
In gluttony and fear and hate.
And I never knew to turn the page,
Because I thought this was the last chapter.
I was doing everything to my heart’s content,
But my heart was so sick and deceived,
So deceitful above all things,
And giving it whatever it pleased
Was like spreading this silent disease through the rest of my body,
Infecting.
Neglecting to notice the fact that I was dying slowly,
But hey.
It felt good.
See the problem was I didn’t know what good felt like.
You can’t recognize darkness until you’ve walked in the light.
You can’t know wrong until you’ve been shown right,
And you can’t know right
Until you have seen truth.
Truth is the Savior who came to my den of iniquity and knocked on the door.
And, when I didn’t answer,
He burned down my Sodom and destroyed my Gomorrah.
He poured gasoline over my cities and set a fire so bright,
I felt like I was going to die,
And I was right.
The night I died in that fire was the best night of my life.
Christ pulled me out of the depths to stand with him on the stormy sea,
Even seeing all my disease,
And said,
Child, I want you to be with me.
When he saw I couldn’t breathe, He knelt down and exhaled his spirit into me,
And from my debt he offered me
Exemption.
He gave me heart to heart resuscitation,
CPR
Christ’s Powerful Redemption.

And so now his words, made flesh in me,
Are graven on my hands.
My hands that do the work that my father sends.
No longer am I a slave to sin,
And daughter of lies,
The World’s best friend,
Now I will be all things to all men,
Because I am an apostle: one who is sent.
I follow the example of the shining son,
Who did not regard equality with God something to be won,
But instead did everything he could to be one
Who is obedient.
Even unto death.
I am not perfect, I still slip
And there are still marks of sin,
Fresh and slithery
All over my skin.
But instead of washing it with dirty rags and making the mess worse,
I am covered and cleansed in redeeming blood,
That vanquishes death’s dark curse.
Death, where is your sting?
Sin, where is your power?
For now I am a daughter of the light.
And I pray that my life will always bring,
Praises and words that always sing
Glory to the glorious,
All powerful King.
Christ: my only master.

Comments

  1. Girl, you have talent. Im-press-ive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And thank you for sharing this! It really means a lot, because I feel like God inspired me to write this poem so that it might minister to others. Hopefully it's working!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. Emilly, girl, the courage and strength that seeps from your work is incredible and emotionally overwhelming. Whenever I read your work, I feel described. The words that spill from your pages make me feel as though I am no longer an abandoned puzzle in an unreachable tower, but rather...human...and loved. Thank you so much for allowing others to read your vulnerable thoughts. There is power in what you write, reaching into my core and gently grasping the emotions I so desperately smash and bury. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Liz, thank you so much. Honestly, your comment touched my heart in such a deep way. All I've ever felt I was put on this earth to do was to love other people, and to minister to them and it's so encouraging to hear that my writing is resonating with someone like I always hope it does. God is so good like that. Don't be afraid of your emotions. You are very human, but very beautifully so, and so so very loved, dear. You are never unreachable! <3 and all of us are beautifully complex puzzles: you are not alone, praise the Lord. You are such a blessing and I am so thankful for you and your encouraging spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment