My Heroes


My Heroes!!! 

 

Look at this stud! He is my Grandpa!
My Grandpa Rehder is one of the bravest men I know. Gramps fought in World War II in the navy on a minesweeper. I could spend forever listening to my Grandpa's war stories. He doesn't tell his stories with pride but speaks from his heart. I am honored to have his navy sweater he wore back in the day. Not only was he strong back then but still is to this day. I think I speak for all of the Rehders when I say that he is a tried and true romodel. My Grandpa will always be my hero.  


My Grandma Rehder is that beautiful black haired lady you are looking at in this photo! She is my hero for many reasons... One being she has taught me that family is everything! My Grandma's heart is full of generosity and love for everyone she meets. Cottonwood has a living breathing saint among them. Grandma Barb, you are my hero! I love you so much!



Let me introduce you to the funniest man alive, Dick Nuxoll! My Grandpa has never failed to make me smile or laugh. Grandpa hasn't a fear of hard work and is always there for family. When you're not laughing, you're hugged and I find this the best way to be a hero! 


Meet Dorothy Nuxoll, my dear, dear Grandma! You won't meet a kinder more loving woman. Right now she is denying all of this. ;) My Grandma Nuxoll means the world to me! She reminds me of Mother Teresa with how gentle she is. Grandma will be the first to offer a hand to anyone in need.  I don't know how I got so lucky to have such amazing Grandmothers! I love you Grandma so much! 


Da Da Da Da Da na na na Da! (I think that is how the wedding march goes.)
 My parents are everything to me! I am so blessed to have them. Both are strong, loving, and faith filled. Mom and Dad are devoted to us kids and make sure they meet our needs before theirs. I look up to them and feel inspired through their way of living. Mom and Dad thank you for being my heroes! 



My siblings are my bestest friends, they're all I need! Wow, home schooled much? 
In all seriousness though each one of my siblings proves to be my hero every day. Well most every days. 
They've made me laugh many a time. Saved me from situations I got myself in. Listened to me blubber and treat me no differently if I hadn't had KSS. Rehder kids stick together! (Cheesy motto mom and dad made us practice when we were well still make us chant.) 


My dear great uncle Tony, though you are not with us on this earth any more you've always been and always will be my hero.


My god father, Dean, is my hero because he has always been there for me. Through the hardest of times he has thought of others rather than his self. I know he keeps me in prayer and is not ashamed to tell me he loves me. Uncle Dean, I love you! Thank you for being you.


God mother Rose Marie and Uncle Ed, two of my favorite people and two of my dear heroes! You've both been so good to me throughout the years. In need of prayer or just to laugh, I've felt SO loved by you both!  


Our momma Mary, now she is amazing!! If I put myself in her shoes (well she probably didn't wear shoes...) Start over.
   "Let it be done according to thy word." How powerful are these words! I want to be like my mother Mary and say 'yes' to God''s will for me of every moment of every day. To trust in Him alone and obey His plans. 
I long for the love she freely gives to her Son Jesus. Momma Mary, you're my hero.   



Pope John Paul II, I love you!! Something about this late pope has truly touched my heart even though I was too young while he was still on this earth to understand all the good he had done. When I see his smiling face and how much effort he puts into his work my whole being rejoices. Pope John Paul II taught us the true meaning of suffering. Seeing how he worked through his pain inspires me to take my suffering and offer it up as he had. This amazing pope is my hero because he lived what he preached and he was always finding new ways to become more like Christ.


It's easy to understand why the soldiers are heroic. They do not have to give up their lives but they choose to. The men & women I know in my life that are willing to fight for my freedom are my heroes. As much as I would rather they stay safe I am speechless with gratitude towards their selfless way of living. The men I am honored to know and have in my life are two guys I refuse to live without. James Ihli and Dilion Wilcox, you both are my heroes. Thank you for your service in being ready to fight for freedom.
 

St. Bernadette. Are you shocked, she is my hero? She is my confirmation saint, I went to Lourdes, loved her  from the beginning of time! She be my home girl! She was questioned constantly even in her last hours on earth. Peopple didn't believe her. She was verbally abused being told she was stupid. Bernadette lived in poverty. Her own family didn't believe the truth Bernadette spoke. Yet she was obedient. I have a lot to live up to...

Pope Benedict XVI, you will be missed. This man has brought healing after Pope John Paul II's death. He has fought the good fight for the church. I look up to him not only because he is our pope but because he wants the church to be in good hands. It is hard to protect something so valuable when one is so ill. (Did you know he has a pace maker? Let me connect the dots...I have a pace maker! The pope and I are twins! Except that if I were a pope that would mean woman priest and that IS NOT COOL.)
Yes, Pope John Paul II was our pope through the greatest of suffering but Pope Benedict doesn't need  to teach us what suffering looks like again. I respect his wishes to resign though I would rather he be healthy. The Lord's will be done. Pope Benedict is my hero for his patience and love for the church. 


Mother Teresa, your hero and mine. Changing the world and giving up everything for the poorest of the poor. 
"Look at the cross and you will see what one soul means to Jesus."  
This saintly woman is an inspiration to all. Catholic or not. 
Great things come in little packages. :) 



SALUTE! An actor and a president.....RONALLLLLLD REAGAN!!!
(Did you read that like I had planned you to? Roll your R's and L's!) 
Why do I love Ronald Reagan? I wasn't even born while he was president. But what's not to love?!? My daddy is a huge fan of Ronald Reagan and I know if he had been there the day President Reagan was shot my dad would've taken that bullet for him. I find this true american president a hero because he lead us as a country seeking peace. 



The eyes of the ranger are upon you. I thought about also listing Chuck Connors and Jack Bauer but both were decided to be wimps in comparison. For those of you who did not know, Chuck Norris can do long division without any remainders. 
Heroic? Indeed. 

Greg Adams

I may not have a picture of this hero of mine however I do have a best friend in him. 
Mr. Adams is my favorite person to see every Sunday at church! He is the kindest, strongest and holiest man you will ever meet. When Mr. Adams first found out I had KSS he prayed the rosary every day for me for  a year! Sometimes even twice a day! Mr. Adams goes to mass every day and draws no attention to himself.  He has the most beautiful wife, Cathy Adams, and just from looking at her you can tell she is a saint. 
I am so honored to know this couple. My heart rejoices in our friendship. Thank you for being my heroes. 
I love you both tremendously. 


Need I say more?
Christ, YOU ARE MY HERO.

Comments