Concert time.

First off I have been simply awful about blogging this week. My apologies. I guess I can't be terrorized by druggers and Honey Boo Boo's every day of every week...

Friday (as in two days ago) I was privileged to travel to a Carrie Underwood/Hunter Hayes concert with three amazing women, Jen Moore, Angela Cajachagua and Nicole Edwards!!

Photo: We made it!!  First up Hunter Hayes!  Woohoo!!

My first Country Concert experience~

Last month Jen and Nicole had come to my home and surprised me with the concert ticket! I knew Jen was coming over with "paper work" for my mom but was confused when Nicole's awesome blue dodge amazing pick up showed up. (I don't like her car.) I asked Nicole what she was doing at my house. (No hospitality there.) She said she came to see Jen. I shrugged it off and let her come in the door. (Sorry about that.)

Then after a few minutes of trying to figure out why Nicole was at my house Jen and Nicole cornered me. Haha Just kidding. They handed me a white folded piece of paper. I was invited to go with them to the blown away tour concert! I looked at my mom and saw that she was video recording me and all my family had huge grins painted on their faces. They KNEW! Needless to say I am clueless when it comes to surprises. It didn't make any sense why Jen couldn't give me the paper work at church for me to give to my mom...she had  to come to our house. Whatever, no questions asked.

I was in shock for three days trying to grasp the unbelievable news! The count down started from that day forward. February 22nd couldn't come soon enough!

Then when that Friday did come I couldn't believe it was here already! I had my bling belt & imitation cow girl boots all ready to go, I was looking pretty wanna be country! :)

The time in the car from here to Yakima was a blast! Non stop laughing the whole weekend. My kind of weekend! We met Jen's sister, Angela, at this really yummy Mexican restaurant and from there headed on to the Yakima Sun dome.

Nicole and I were freaking out! It was our first time seeing both Carrie and Hunter! Both she and I had been discussing what to do if Nicole decided to faint. My advice, just faint in his presence and maybe he'll catch you. Genius right?


My prayer had been throughout this week to not cry when I see Hunter. It was a close call. You may think that is a bit obsessed but believe me I think their are more die hard fans out there... wink wink ;) 

This story doesn't seem to dramatic does it? Well that's where this part comes in... 
You see Nicole and I ran for the mosh pit (it's the area where fans get pumped up and crazy) we were jumping up and down yelling, WE LOVE HUNTER! When all of a sudden a crazed angry fan pushed my pal Nicole and told her she couldn't be "Mrs. Hunter." That did it for me. I got upset. I threw a couple punches that a certain nurse of mine taught me and well angry chick fell to ground and took me down with her. I now have a pretty gnarly knee battle wound. 

Actually I just made all of that up. Well I do have a knee scratch but that was because being a blonde I was looking up at the sky while walking and missed a step at the Cajachagua's house and biffed it on the concrete. I was going to take a picture of my knee and post it but it looks pretty pathetic. SO I googled "knee cuts" and found no good results. Either the leg hair was black or the knee was sawed off. No one would've believed it. 

If you don't know this about me, I am known for making stuff up. lol Guilty.   

The whole experience was truly a meaningful gift. Everything was much appreciated this weekend. The awesome concert, the fun back at the Cajachagua's home, the laughs, the car rides, the constant reminder of Nicole + Hunter = perfect. I am truly blessed to have such loving and overly generous friends in my life! Not to mention the new friends I met :) 

Jen Moore, thank you for all you do for me and for everyone that comes in contact with you! You are truly amazing and so much fun to be around! I love you! 

Nicole Michelle Edwards' Hayes! I now know not to put a period at the end of my texts. Thank you for the laughs and for being my Hunter/food buddy! I love you!

Angela and Alfredo plus baby, thank you so much for opening up your home to me, a complete stranger! I felt right at home! Especially when I tripped outside, I do that a lot. I loved getting to know you both!  

God has blessed me with an unforgettable weekend spent with friends who could never be replaced! 

May the good LORD bless you all this joyful Sunday! 

  

      

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! That sounds like such a stinkin' blast! To be honest, you totally had me when you wrote about taking that girl out for Nicole. Like I was completely convinced! lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment