Used and hurting

Satan has done a fine job of robbing my joy here lately.

Jordan leaving, life changes, new medication & feeling used when I should be feeling loved. The list goes on...

My fragile heart has been slowly breaking.

"Patience is better than pride." Ecclesiastes 7:8

I shouldn't be feeling this way though. I shouldn't be feeling used. But I am.

 I ask you today to think before you act. Will my actions or words show this person love or am I taking advantage of them?

"Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice." Proverbs 13:10

Do I use people? Do I expect so much from them? If I do, I don't want to anymore. It hurts to be taken advantage of.

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:2

Lord, I've tried being understanding. I've persevered in giving out numbers of second chances. What else can I do? Please humble my heart and my mouth. Free my mind of disappointment. Help those I can't help. I simply am feeling done of trying. I will love them. But I don't think I can trust them. No.

"Everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 18:14

I ask for the patience to be humble. Not to be exalted. But to just be. To not worry about those around me who throw rocks. Bolders if you will. I ask to want to be like You, Lord. You, who were spat upon and struck time and time again. You knew the road ahead wasn't going to be easy but alas You did it for me.

Help me Lord. I am weak in this world of men.

Comments