NYC

Wednesday, 8-28, around three am. we left our house in the middle of a planned four hour power outage. Not to mention a thunder and lightning storm. Guided only by God and flash lights we were on the road.

We made it to Lewiston and Jordan was surprised to find our cousin Lynn, waiting at the airport to say her last good-bye. It had us all grinning from ear to ear. A happy way to kick off the NYC adventure!

Four hours waiting in Salt Lake slowly ticked by. We were finally on the last stretch up in the air. Rehders landed in JFK airport and the big city commotion began.

New York..New York. What can I say? I'm not a city girl. I keep to myself and stay away from crowds.

Everyone there was in a rush. I couldn't even hear myself  think from all the loud sounds around me. Horns honking, music playing, people talking & yelling etc. The city that never sleeps is right!

In time square we saw everything you can imagine New York has to offer. A little too much in my opinion. Some people should put on pants let alone underwear before going outside.

My little sheltered mind was fuming. I was ready to get back to Idaho. Where it's mostly PG.

As you can tell night one was a bit of a culture shock. We were dodging Elmo and Spider man and everyone else in costume who wanted a picture at a price.

 We went to the museum from the movie, Night at the Museum.

We went to visit St. Patrick's Cathedral even though it was under construction. We didn't know the mass times for daily mass but by the grace of God when we walked in to the church Father announced mass was starting. God's timing is perfect.

One of the mornings Mom, Dad, and Jordan had gone on a coffee run and came back saying they had been on Fox&Friends and had just seen Justin Moore performing live. However none of them even knew who Justin Moore was. Definitely die hard country music fans..

They came back to the hotel and whispered in my ear as I lay half asleep if I wanted to go back and see him. Exhausted, I said no. Though I do love me some Justin Moore, it was not worth my precious sleeps. If it had been Hunter Hayes, or Brad Paisly....then I'd have ran out on the streets like a crazed woman. ;)

This is just a fragment of my big apple experience. I look forward to sharing with you about the rest!


Comments