Rain will make the flowers grow

You probably just read my blog about how hurt I have been feeling. How lost and lonely my little heart has been with Jordan's departure. In my last post I promised a following edition. 

However this post will detail the beauty of our separation.

When first meeting the Sisters of Life I knew exactly why Jordan loved them so. Just from looking at Jordan I knew her heart was ready to burst with smiles. 

These women are so beautiful! Beautiful in their blue and white habits and beautiful in their love for the Lord. 

Jordan fit right in. Like a missing part to an incredible puzzle. I knew this was going to be her home. 

My heart was immediately at ease. 

Joy lingered in the air. It was contagious and impossible to be sad in such a joyful atmosphere. 

I may have had to leave a sister behind in New York, but because of that I gained even more sisters!  

I am at peace. Thankful for the opportunity to understand why Jord felt called to such an amazing order. It was a blessing to be a part of and the Lord made it very clear. Just what I had been praying for. Clarity.

So when we had to finally say our "good bye" I thought I would be hysterical with my sobs. However like I said, I could not even be sad. 

Without even thinking before opening my mouth, (dangerous I know) I started singing from Les Miserables, "A little drop of rain, will make the flowers grow." In my best Marius soprano singing voice of course.

It fit though. All this prepping for our "good-bye" was just a drop of rain. And the outcome of the rain was that these gorgeous flowers were growing because of the necessary storm. 

God has a plan. A brilliant plan that our hearts and minds don't understand. We just have to take that leap of faith. Let the rain fall so the flowers can grow. 

I'll always miss Jordan, but I can now be joy filled with her. Even from the other side of the country. :)   










  





Comments

  1. You are such a good writer!!! Love you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gabbie! I am such a "Miserables" fan, couldn't miss the title. I hope all is well with the blessed and tried (the (wo always go together) Rehder family. Say hi to that savage of a father you have, and your saintly mother! Fr Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Lis! Thanks!

    Father Bruce I will most definitely pass your hello on to my parents. They'll get a kick out of your titles for them :) Very fitting! How can one not love LesMis?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment