Kids say the darnedest things

Kids really do say the darnedest things! I wanted to blog about some of the things that come out of these kiddos mouths that make me smile, pause, and laugh :) Mainly laugh..

After work I decided to go outside to wait for mom to pick me up. It was a gorgeous day out. I saw two little boys eating bananas sitting on the curb outside the building. (Sons of my employer) I take a seat down by em'.
One of the boys is in my preschool. I asked him, "Who is your best friend at school?" He told me he doesn't have friends. I asked him, "Can I be your friend?" He got the biggest smile on his cute little face and shook his head yes! Year made and it was only my first or second week of classes! :)

Me holding a Kleenex up by my nose trying to fight it from running. Little boy: "You sick cus you got boogers in your nose?" Yusssss. lol

I had to miss school one day because of my heart appointment up in Spokane. That weekend at mass I found myself grinning ear to ear when my little student's grandma had approached me saying, "I asked my granddaughter how her first day of school was and she said good. I asked her how her second day of preschool was and she said TERRIBLE. Why was it terrible? Because Gabbie wasn't there!" 
My heart was doing back flips! It's the little things that count and make us happy! :)

I was on facebook (shocking I know) the night of my appointment in Spokane. I saw that one of the little preschool girls' mom wrote on my facebook wall.

This is what it read: My daughter really missed you at preschool today. Definitely a downer for her. She says, "I really miss you at preschool" and "what did you broke?" "I love you!" 

DANG YOU HEART APPOINTMENT! Love that girl!

Then we have show and tell. Well a little boy brought in his stuffed animal lamb (that prays the Hail Mary..SCORE!) We asked what his lamb's name was and he said, "Sheep." Bout' died of laughter!

Moving on up to my first grade class...

"When is Father coming in next?" one my students asked. Another out of no where declared, "He is retiring and he is NEVER COMING BACK."

Don't know where that came from but I sure was amused by it.

I have been trying to figure out a way to get my class of first grader's attention. I was introduced to several great catch phrases. Ex: Teacher says, "ba da ba ba ba!" Kids answer, "I'm lovin' it!" (SO me right?)
Well Miss Rehder wanted to teach them this one, "Stop!" Kids answer, "Collaborate and listen!"
Problem was "Collaborate" sounded more like the words "koolaid" "clamber" and pretty sure a "G" was snuck in there. Hear what I'm saying?
 Note to self: Vanilla Ice and First graders don't mix. Check!
    
I had a new student join us this week and I introduced myself as Miss Gabbie/Miss Rehder. (His choice) It was not long before I stood corrected. It's MisssssssES Rehder.

I love my jobs! I love my kiddos! I am so blessed to be where I am at in life!

Comments