God FIRST

We tend to forget to put God first. I am guilty. I wake up and want to get right on my computer.

Shouldn't I talk to God as I start my day? Pray before I eat? Maybe read the bible before I read status updates that aren't nearly as important as what God has to say?

Turn from the path of planning to the path of Peace.

 Saint Perpetua said, "What happens will be what God desires. We are in the power of God, not in our own power."

I want to make my prayer be a prayer of asking God to strengthen my faith in Him. I want to ask Him to help me put my faith first above all else. I am sick of serving false idols of this world. ..phone, internet, money and other's opinions. I shouldn't be living my life for these things. I should  be living it for Him alone!

And for that matter...

I should wake up asking God what He wants of me. Listen for His answer and act upon it. DO HIS WILL NOT MINE.

I ask you to join me in putting God first and our plans last.

"For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

  1. Dearest Gabbie, George and I are praying a novena to St. Therese and today's reflection was all about wanting God's will, not ours. One thought from St. Therese was, "The only happiness here below is to strive to be always content with what Jesus gives us." Boy, did I need to think about that today! Love you, dear niece! Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful reminder from such a powerhouse saint! Thank you for sharing! Love you my dear, dear Aunt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment