St. Mary Magdalene

Today is the Feast Day of St. Mary Magdalene. 

I always thought Mary Magdalene and I were different. 

I had never felt like I could relate to her because our pasts were not the same.

I thought this way until I watched the first episode of The Chosen Series. 

Truth is, Mary Magdalene and I are more similar than I thought possible.  

As humans, we fall into sin. We search, but often search in the wrong places. 

She lived a hopeless life before meeting Jesus. I have experienced hopelessness. 

"And yet God calls people to the "before" - when they aren't even aware they're simply broken versions of themselves. God calls people before He begins His transformative work of redemption because He sees past the "before" to what He purposed and planned. He sees past the "before" to those He loves enough to call His own." The Chosen, 40 Days with Jesus 

"But Jesus knew her. He knew exactly what He had delivered her from and for." The Chosen, 40 Days with Jesus 

We are His own. 

"Fear not, I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine." Isaiah 43:1 

"Fear not, God can heal your heart, your body, your relationships,. Fear not, you were made for more than what you've experienced so far. Fear not, this is only the beginning." The Chosen, 40 Days with Jesus 

  • "She was delivered from seven demons. Then, over the course of Jesus' three years of ministry, she was delivered from everything she thought she knew."
  • "Jesus delivered her from death, she followed Him to His, Mary Magdalene was one of the few with Jesus until the very end."
  • "Mary Magdalene would be the first to deliver the single most important message in human history; He has risen!" The Chosen, 40 Days with Jesus  
We are called to share Jesus with the world as St. Mary Magdalene did!  


I strongly encourage you to watch just this one episode, if not all of them. You can download The Chosen App and watch the series for free. 

St. Mary Magdalene, pray for us!








Comments