Heavy Lifting

Search ResultsFeatured snippe


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon You, and learn from me, for I am meek and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29
My friend, Sr. Maria Kateri, sent me an article about the Yoke of Jesus by Jack Wellman.

I like this bible verse a lot but never completely understood what it meant.

Side note, I also have a word aversion to the word 'yoke'. I feel gross just typing that word.

Contrary, this post is all about, "His Yoke."

What does Jesus mean by "Take my yoke upon you"?

"Take my yoke upon you means learn of me...He is issuing an invitation to come and be inseparably linked to Himself, going where He goes, doing what He desires."

"Jesus also declares that His yoke is easy. The word 'easy' doesn't imply 'simple', but 'good'. If I'm yoked to Jesus, there's peace in being yoked to someone good, loving, and patient."

"Yoke that is pleasing and light - one in which He does the heavy lifting...Free from bondage. He bears the load."

"Yoke ourselves to Him, walk in step with Him... To what or whom do you want to be yoked?" 

Quotations from Jack Wellman 

I want to learn from Jesus and walk with Him.

Jesus wants to share in our humanity. He want to help us with our burdens.

"Let me carry that for you, so you don't have to be burdened any longer."

That is what I now hear when I read this verse from Matthew.

He will do the heavy lifting.



Comments