St. Kateri Tekakwitha

"Who will teach me what is most pleasing to the Lord that I may do it?" St. Kateri Tekakwitha  

St. Kateri Tekakwitha was born in 1956, in a Mohawk village of Ossernenon, which is present day - New York State. 

She suffered from small pox that killed her family and scarred her face.

St. Kateri converted to Catholicism when she was 19 years old and took the name "Kateri" after St. Catherine of Siena. 

She refused marriage and dedicated her life to Jesus. 

"I am not my own; I have given myself to Jesus - He must be my only love." St. Kateri 

St. Kateri Tekakwitha, also known as, "The Lily of the Mohawks," is the first Native American to be canonized a saint.

St. Kateri Tekakwitha's life is a beautiful example of humility and faith. 

St. Kateri's last words were, "Jesus, Mary, I love you." 

St. Kateri Tekakwitha will teach us what is most pleasing to the Lord. 

It's up to us to learn and to share what we have learned.   

St. Kateri Tekakwitha, pray for us! 



Comments