Shell Shocked

I thought today would be a good day to share more pictures from Maui. 

These photos were taken on our last day in paradise. 

Cousin Ben left earlier that morning and our flight wasn't until later that night. 

What do you do on your last day in Maui? 

Mike, Courtney and I went to an arcade, where a kid can be a kid. 

It was Courtney's first time going to one and probably her last time ever going back. 

What did we do after that? We went to the Aquarium. 

To complete our last day in Maui we decided to eat shrimp for dinner. 

I don't recall the name of the place, what I do recall is never being able to eat shrimp again.

Let me explain...

We sat at a table with paper on it, we wore bibs and gloves and ordered our two pounds of shrimp. 


I was oblivious to what the paper, gloves and bibs were needed for. 

But we were hungry and excited. 

The shrimp were served and I was shell shocked. 

Why?


Because I had no idea that's what shrimp looked like!

They have eyes, shells and very long antennas! 

It was disgusting looking! 

I took one bite and that's all I could do. 

I was in shock. 

I used to love shrimp that you'd buy from the store and fry up during Lent.  

Mike thought that was hilarious and he & Courtney had no problem eating the shrimp.

Mike found it humorous to tease me about swallowing an eyeball. 

Gross!

Thank goodness we ordered french fries ahead of time! 

Since then I have tried eating shrimp at home and can not bring myself to eat it. 

It was a very traumatic experience.

Shell shocked for life but in very good company.   



Comments