Stop Struggling

"The struggle is real," is what I tell myself all the time.

 But that only validates the struggle.

"Beware of despairing about yourself; you are commanded to place your trust in God, and not in yourself." St. Augustine 


Stop Struggling!

"In the quiet of this night, if only for a moment, let me stop struggling to hold on to the comfort I have, of what I know, of what I am at ease with. I cannot remain in control, for it will forever pull me farther from the peace that you have already given me. I must let go and let you do what only you can do."  
Fear Not the Night, John of the Cross  

The things we struggle with in our lives do not control us. They can control us but we must not let them control us. Again, stop struggling and begin letting go. 

"We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures: we are the sum of the Father's love for us."  Pope St. John Paul II  


Comments