Not the Time to Rest

"As this night descends remind me again that the soul that walks in love neither rests nor grows tired. But I am tired, and a part of me wants nothing more than to rest, and find peace where I am. I need you to remind me that my goal is not here....Let me leave my weariness behind, remembering why I am here and what prompted me to take my first step toward you." 
Fear Not the Night, John of the Cross   

I think we all need the reminder to not grow weary, even though there is much to be tired from. 

Tired of staying exactly the same, tired of not doing or being enough and tired just from being tired. 

These are just a few things that exhaust the human heart. 

We are easily discouraged by our weariness and do nothing about it.  

"To live without faith, without a heritage to defend, without battling constantly for truth, is not to live but to 'get along'; we must never just 'get along'."
 Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati    

"This is not the time to rest."
Fear Not the Night, John of the Cross   

Remember why you are here and remember your peace comes from above. 
Leave your weariness behind.

"If I am tired or exhausted, I can rest in the Heart of Jesus." St. Bernadette 




Comments