Carry Love

"Remind me again that the soul that walks in love neither rests nor grows tired. "Come to me all of you who labor and are burdened." 
30 Days with a Great Spiritual Teacher Fear Not the Night Based on the Classic Spirituality of John of the Cross

I carry the burden of others. 

I don't know why. 

I show sympathy by sharing their pain. 

I can't even carry my own burdens yet I try and carry others. 

Oh, the brokenness of the world.

I don't understand it. It's a lot to carry. 

But Love keeps coming to my mind.

Yet, we misinterpret love. 

We seek love everywhere else but God. 

"We stumble in the dark when light is all around us." 
30 Days with a Great Spiritual Teacher Fear Not the Night Based on the Classic Spirituality of John of the Cross

How broken we are. 

Yet He says, "Come to me." 

"Even drudgery can be transformed into love, and that makes all the difference." Christopher West 

Gather us close to you, Lord. 

Carry the burdens I cannot carry.

The burdens of our brokenness. 

Help us to feel and know Your love. 

Photo by Maddie Rehder 

Comments