Pope St. John Paul II

Pope St. John Paul II would have been 100 years old today.  He is my favorite pope and one of my favorite saints!

He inspires me to greatness. 
"The ultimate test of your greatness is the way you treat every human being." 

He inspires me to "Be not afraid!" 
"Darkness can only be scattered by light, hatred can only be conquered by love." 

He inspires me to trust.
"People are made for happiness. Rightly, then, you thirst for happiness. Christ has the answer to this desire of yours. But he asks you to trust him." 

He inspires me to persevere.
"If He asks much of you, it is because He knows you can give much." 
"Do not waste your suffering."

"Become who you are." Know it's enough. 

Pope St. John Paul II is a beautiful example of faith, hope and love.

There is much to learn from hum. 

"What really matters in life is that we are loved by Christ and that we love him in return. In comparison to the love of Jesus, everything else is secondary. And, without the love of Jesus, everything is useless."

 I highly recommend this movie, you can watch on Formed about St. Pope John Paul II.  https://watch.formed.org/pope-john-paul-ii-1  

Pope St. John Paul II was born Karol Wojtyla in 1920 in Poland. His mother died when he was a boy, and then as a late teen he faced the Nazi occupation of Poland. In spite of the Nazis, he studied…



Comments