Words Have Power

I had no idea what I was going to write about today... I tried googling inspirational quotes but then decided to just access my pinterest account. This topic spoke to me:

We live in a world where gossiping breaks the silence. Lies make up for our mistakes. Cuss words flow off our tongues. Negativity is carelessly used. Yelling is getting the point across. Threats make you the bigger person. And sarcasm is used to make people cry rather than laugh.

If everything you said, reflected on your skin, what would your skin look like?
You can tell me that your words won't really reflect on your skin. That is true. However your words will reflect back to God.

Every little word.

Then how do we fix our bad habits?

We speak positive words. We build up rather than tear down. (Yes, our words can tear people down. Ruin lives even. I'm not exaggerating.) We should include and not exclude. A simple "How are you?" could make a person's day. Change the subject when gossiping is not only hurting that person but the gossiper's soul. Tell a clean joke. Laugh with people, not at people! Be genuine.

By practicing these positive responses and gestures, one is not only reflecting the good on his or her skin, but writing a deeper mark on their soul. A mark that will remain eternally forever.

"Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands"  
Isaiah 49:16



If the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you be more careful about what you said?

Comments

  1. " A simple 'How are you?' could make a person's day. "
    This is so true. When people email me just because they know I'm struggling or just because they can, it totally makes my day. Thanks for being one of those people who sends a "How are you" just when I need one. You are a great friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment