2013 Team Gabbie

I admit not wanting to wake up this morning for the Raspberry Festival. I wanted to sleep. (If their is only two thing you learn from my blogs, it's that I like my french fries and my sleep.) You see, I dislike running and exercise for that matter. I wanted a Fry eating contest, not a run till we die contest. No one listened. Of course I only came up with this genius plan two or three days ago. That's enough notice right?

Alas the fry contest had been nixed. The "fun" run was still in the running. Well if you can call running fun...;) No matter how badly I didn't want to get up, I had a team that was counting on me. Da.Da.Da. None of that to you who are saying to your computers that you weren't counting on me or that you'd have understood. None of that! Their is no "I" in TEAM! (But their is in Gabbie...never mind that.:)

So last night in my time of selfishness, I opened one of my bible passage books and this was the bible verse that found me: "We will run and not grow weary." It's Isaiah 40:31. It was ironic because that verse is written on our blue Team Gabbie t-shirts. God has a great sense of humor, that's for sure.

My frown was turned upside down when I saw my Team there ready to win.
The Kiss shirts, blue shirts, & sweaty shirts were a beautiful reminder & sign of how loved I am.

The Raspberry Festival is a day we can all come together to show that we can run and won't grow weary. We're a team! No matter who is running, walking, cheering, puking, you name it, we're all just in it to praise Him. (Yes, puking..5k gets to some people.)

It was a very successful fun run! It was fun for me because I wasn't running. Haha! Just kidding.
Such a wonderful turn out of Team Gabbie members! We are definitely building awareness for all mitochondrial diseases. I couldn't do this without all my family and friends. You've made this journey a good one and my burden light.






Comments