Jealous update

Is it just me or does everyone have a little green monster named Jealousy inside of them?

We're so caught up in what others have: clothes, phones, cars, houses, popularity, money, vacations, and facebook status updates.

Everyone seems to be living a luxurious life. Or so facebook claims. The thing is none of it is real.

We lie to ourselves and each other that we're so happy with our material things and lives. Yet that isn't the half of it. Satan tricks our minds to want others to be envious of our lives. But truth be told that we're not  even happy with ourselves.

Our world is a jealous and fake world. Society teaches that we have to have it all in order to be happy.
Depression comes over us because of one little lie that he or she thought she had to post about their "perfect" "awesome" "one in a million" "#hashtag" life.

I've felt jealous before. More than once, that's for sure. I got off of facebook for a time because it wasn't worth being sad over someone's animated, thickly painted life. I got back on facebook to share and get the word out about my blog. I told myself that the posts I read have to be taken lightly and not seriously.

I'm not writing this to bash facebook. I am writing this to simply state how people use facebook as another face.

I have wished that my life was like her's. I have hoped for all the money in the world. I have compared my status to his. I have come to realize however that I don't want all these things. Money can't buy me real happiness. Her life isn't my life. His status is updated a lot. His and Her lives were not meant for Gabbie Rehder to live. Nor were they made to be envious of.  

We should be grateful for what we have. Happy with who we are!

The lives of those who we think have it all don't always have it made. Don't judge a book by it's cover. That book might be ripped and some pages torn out. You'll get a gnarly paper cut if you try too hard.

I want to pray for those I've been jealous of. I pray for true happiness for them. That their hearts be open to You and their feet willing to follow where You go, Lord.

This is a technique I learned from a very wise woman, beautiful inside and out. When we are irritated with someone we should pray that they be blessed in every aspect of their life. By praying for their happiness we will be happy ourselves. Why not use this way of praying for those we are jealous of?

Did I think she was loco crazy when she told me this? YES. But it worked! Some of the hardest people to crack are now my good friends. Thank you, Momma, for leading me to happiness! Sorry Pops, no credit for you. JUST KIDDING. I love you too!

Be jealous no more, my friends! Make your status God's status.






Comments

Post a Comment