This takes the Cake

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy 25th birthday!

It was a wonderful day!

I wanted to share a funny story with you from the night before my birthday...

Since I love having oatmeal cake on my birthday, I thought this year I would help bake.

That's why this story is funny.

There I was baking and measuring the flour. 

The cake went in the oven.

I didn't want to wait until my birthday to try some.

That's when my mom asked me if I used Gluten free flour.

Nope.

I looked at my mom and shook my head realizing I didn't use GF flour.

The regular flour was sitting on the counter for cinnamon rolls. 

What was I thinking?

 I don't think I was thinking. 

But I was able to laugh at myself even though a small piece of me inside still wanted cake.

I kept saying this will be a good story for a blog. 

After all, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

I knew we were planning to bake store bought, GF flour, from the mix, chocolate cupcakes on my actual birthday. 

So I told myself it would be too much sugar for me to have both the cake and the cupcakes. 

I went to bed not giving it a second thought and woke up to a personalized Gluten Free Oatmeal cake! 

My Mama felt so sad for me, that she made me my own cake even though we already had a huge Non GF cake.

It was the sweetest birthday surprise to wake up to! 

When I woke up, there was a paper sitting on top of the cake that read,

 "Happy Birthday Gabbie. I made this for you. Love, Max.

Oh brother... 

This takes the cake! 



Comments