Morning Glory

Last night I read the perfect words to read on my baptism day:

"St. Louis De Montfort suggests that if we were to personally and sincerely renew our baptismal vows and place them in the hands of Mary, then this act alone would go a long way in helping us overcome sin in our lives. Therefore, he makes such a renewal of vows an essential element of this prayer of consecration. In fact, in the very first paragraph of this prayer, he has us address Mary and pray to her as follows: 

I, (name), a faithless sinner, renew and ratify today in thy hands the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before."

33 Days to Morning Glory by Fr. Michael E. Gaitley. 

This beautiful book is a 33 Day journey to Marian Consecration. 

Marian Consecration is entrusting oneself to Mary, just as Jesus entrusted his disciple John to Mary from the cross. 

 When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour the disciple took her into his own household. John 19:26-27 

I have grown closer to Mary through this self-retreat consecration. 

My relationship with her as my Mother, helps me to trust she will lead me to her Son. 

If you want to read and make this journey, I promise you won't regret it. 

Marian Consecration beautifully explained:




Comments