St. Augustine

"To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement."
  St. Augustine 

Today is the Feast of St. Augustine. 

He is one of the great doctors of the Catholic Church. 

However, before his conversion, St. Augustine lived a wild life. 

His mother, St. Monica, prayed faithfully for her son. 

Her prayers worked. 

St. Augustine had a conversion of heart.

He is proof that anyone can be a saint.  

"O search me, God, and know my heart. 
O test me and know my thoughts.
See that I follow not the wrong path
and lead me in the path of life eternal. 

Psalm 139:23-24 

I pray we all strive to become saints. 

If not now, when? 

St. Augustine, pray for us! 

"Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." St. Augustine 


Comments