Night Prayer

I did not think I would be blogging tonight. When I logged on earlier this evening, there was a notification that the settings on blogger had changed. 
That meant I was unable to start a new post. 
I felt disheartened. 
I didn't think it could be helped.
But after a few hours of searching and hitting buttons, I found the answer.
I was able to change the setting back to the way it was. 
I was able to write again!
Thank you, LORD!
I then realized that blogging is more than just a daily goal. It's something I love. 
I love to write and share my heart with those of you who take the time to listen to me. 
This was not the blog post I was planning on sharing today but it's the one I needed to write to recognize the good. 
I am going to end with the Night prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours:
Canticle of Simeon 
Lord, now you let your servant go in peace; your word has been fulfilled: my own eyes have seen the salvation which you have prepared in the sight of every people: a light to reveal you to the nations and the glory of your people Israel. Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.
Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake; watch over us as we sleep, that awake, we may keep watch with Christ, and asleep, rest in His peace (alleluia).

Comments